lunes, 1 de agosto de 2011

Camping is even better when you do it with the ones you love!

One of my favorite stories I want to tell about is an experience with a camping trip my school and I took many years ago. My friends and I loved splash days, sharing unforgettable memories made us closer, but what was the importance of going to this camping? To learn how to follow the path that God has been always illuminating for us in our lives.

Well, we are going to Monte Sion, a hill of Jerusalem on the outskirts of Ciudad Vieja. I remember how it looked like, tall big trees with very light green leaves, filling around the woods of the huge field covered of fresh grass. In the middle of the field, there was a place pretty big with seats in the corners, and it looked like Mundo E but a little bit smaller. We used to meet everyone there in every morning and afternoon to hear the plans for each day. Behind this, is my favorite place, where every night we used to get there and start a bonfire.  We sat on the up seats made of concrete and rocks, and in front of us there is a beautiful view of Lake Amatitlan. It has been my favorite place since I was little, this is where we share our deep bad secrets, and where our humiliations are erased, where nothing else matters more than God’s love.

The first day was where we started to unpack our things in the hut and then, we went to the dining hall to eat lunch, and later, very excited we went for a walk in the edges of the lake, we found a few people enjoying the day too. The other main walk took us to a sheltered little beach where peace was disturbed by some kids on dirt bikes. That was unfortunately, because apart from the noise it was a lovely spot.

Later on, we went back to Monte Sion as dirty little pigs covered of mud. Taking advantage of it the director said that we should play a big game tonight, as we were organized in groups it was easier to play it. The game consisted on finding the clues that may be hidden in huts, trees, or walls. Once you find de clue you have to answer the question with the bible, the more clues you solve the closer you are to win. It was pretty fun, this was another activity we really enjoyed.
We came back to the hut very late, but my friends and I weren’t that exhausted as we imagined, we party all night, rolling in the floor with the sleeping bags, making movements as if we are big worms, jumping in the beds and singing like crazy until we finally slept at 2:30 a.m.

We all got up early at six o’clock the following morning. It was time to run, and to warm up. I just loved morning activities, it sounds ridiculous waking up early and everyone is half asleep but you are the only one with cheers to make exercises.  Later on, we again ate breakfast, and then we did the activities for this day: swimming pool, splash day, and gala evening at night. My group and I went to the dining room, waiting outside and making rows, I remember we were supposed to dress like heroes, and have your own partner. Byron, the boy who asked me to be his partner is the one I had a crush on him since fifth grade, he has green beautiful eyes, a bright half tan skin, brown hair and he is pretty taller than me. What else could happen that day? Of course I was very happy and enjoying these days.

After de dinner, we went to my favorite place again, our teachers told us to write a list about everything that has bothered us, everything that made us feel miserable, moments in which we could stand a situation, like death. The director started to play a song with the guitar on his hand, playing in front of the bonfire, and that really made us feel sad, as I told you, we shared our deep secrets, our problems, and we prayed. The director said: “Once you have wrote the list, let’s think about the people who loves you and accepts you just the way you are, and let’s throw to the fire, this list of trash that let us down. We may start everyday with a positive thinking, and enjoy every little thing that life give us”. Byron just hugged me and everyone cried together, and then we magically felt alive, as if someone in the sky is always protecting us, no matter what happens.

In the end it became a life-changing experience. The camping is always enjoyable, happily and unforgettable when you are spending the time with the ones you love! 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario